Pages

March 04, 2015

My Crop Weekend...

Oh boy, have I been buy or what?  I was super excited to host my first Girls' Weekend at our new cabin.  We've been working on it for a year now trying to get it ready for guests... since it was vacant for 20 years when we bought it, there was a TON to do.  If you are interested in seeing what we've done, you can check out my other blog of the before and afters at Style for Your Home.  I know that I need to update that blog too, so that will be next... LOL

Anyway, I managed 27 pages over the weekend, so I took a few snapshots of them and will be posting them throughout the week, so sit back and enjoy my labor of love!

This photos of this first page were taken somewhere in Michigan.  My mother-in-law and I rode our bikes across the state a couple of years ago and came across this cemetery.  I didn't want the page to appear creepy, so I lightened everything up.


One of the headstones was from 1894, hence, the title...


My son was being promoted from Cub Scouts into Boy Scouts along with the rest of his troop. But couldn't manage a decent photo of them, just silliness!

I love when you search through your "scrap" box of papers and find the perfect leftover piece and it just seems to fit perfectly.  This is what happened with the blue and white paper with the circles cut out.  Had to find a home for it on this page.



This photo is of our old dog, Dakota.  We had to put him down some time ago, but I'm slowly working on an album of him.  It makes my sad, so I can only do a page every so often.  His is missed so much my our family.  Here, he is hiking with us through the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee.

Not only is the dog old, but the BG paper must be close to vintage.  My paper supply is ridiculous.  I think I have a hoarding problem with paper.  Just saying...  I thought it fit perfectly for this page.


To add a little dimension, I added the wood chippies, the corrugated clouds, and the frame over the picture.  You can't tell, but I used liquid glass on some of the dots on the BG.


Hope you enjoyed...  come back again soon.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Lisa! Your layouts are all wonderful! Sounds like you were very productive! Thanks for sharing xo

    ReplyDelete