Pages

March 12, 2015

My Crop Weekend #3

Let's continue on with the pages that I completed on my scrap weekend a few weeks back.

 If you've noticed, I do not scrap in chronological order?  Do you?

I think it all depends on what inspires me at the time.  Sometimes, I first dig through my scraps box and find a color combination that I want to work with.  There has been times I've designed pages with no picture in mind figuring I would find the perfect match later.

As a matter of fact, I attended an crop for an entire weekend with NO pictures.  I forgot them at home.  Most of the pages that were completed that weekend mainly consisted of only 1 photo.

It was difficult, but not impossible.  And to be honest, once I got over the shock of not having photos, it was downright fun.  Everyone should give it a try!

***************************************************************

As for these pages, I had photos...

This was last summer.  My brother has a powerboat and belongs to LEOPA (Lake Erie Offshore Performance Association).  Each year, they have a poker run on there boats...  It's truly quite amazing to see that many boats literally fly (at times) across the lake.  And yes, we really went 90 MPH on the water!  Yikes!


I knew I wanted to do a strip of embellies up the page and last time I tried this, I was not thrilled with the outcome.  This one on the other hand turned out better.  Also, go me!  I used pink!




Let me just say, I LOVE this color combo.  I wasn't positive it would work, but I feel that the black really grounds this page.  And as I type this out and look at the page, I realize I forgot to add a title.  OOPS.

Are you in love with that huge hounds tooth or what?




I have those pages every now and again that just feel so amateur looking.  That is how I feel about the next one.  I'm not sure what it is, maybe the red, white, and blue is just so predictable.  Either way, here it is!




This is my son Sawyer, I am so proud of him.  These pictures were taken last year at the State Meet, which is just a couple weeks away.  He works year around for this moment.  We have other meets, but according to him, they are just practice meets preparing him for this meet.  It's amazing to see the improvement!



Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment