Pages

June 07, 2015

Perfect 10 - Challenge Yourself #19

It's an ANYTHING GOES kind of month over at Challenge Yourself.  Isn't that the way it should be since summer is just getting started?  My kiddos have 2 more days of school and at least for the first week or so, it's going to be "anything goes".



I knew that I wanted some texture on this page, so I started with modeling paste and a stencil.  As that was drying, I searched for what colors I wanted to play with and came up with this teal/yellow combo and loved it.  I knew the photo would pop off the page against it.

Started with a little bit of misting and then started layering the scraps over it until I was pleased with the look.

I added the black washi to ground the page because after I placed the photo, the BG kinda disappeared.


As always, I started by searching my scraps been to find bits and pieces to play with.

This photo was taken just last weekend at Sawyer's 10th birthday party.  I can't believe he is double digits!


Next up, the title...  what could be more perfect than "Perfect 10".  If you've been around my page long enough, you know that Sawyer is a competitive gymnast.  A 10 is not a perfect score anymore, but still fits because we all know what it means.

 Thanks for stopping by!
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. I love that you searched your scraps to make this awesome layout, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the layout! loved all the colors and the embellishments.. they tie in together so nicely. i am experimenting with mixed media with my layouts these days too.. thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout! I love the background you created, the colors you chose and the title IS perfect!!! What a wonderful memory to have recorded! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great happy page! You're right - the b&w tape was probably a good thing to add for a little contrast - makes the colours pop out even nicer.

    ReplyDelete