Pages

February 07, 2014

Our Destination - Purple Pumpkin

Earlier today, I went to my crafty space to organize.  I literally had to step over PILES of stuff in order to get to my desk.  Clearly, I needed to set some time aside to tackle this mess.  I set the timer for 1 hour and now my room is ready to be used again.

I'm always searching for new motivation, so I thought I'd search for new challenges.  I found Purple Pumpkin and was instantly drawn to their sketch for the month.


I love how unique it is...

Here is my take on it...


I started with this fabulous BG, but underneath the chevron was a little elephant holding a red balloon (cute, but not going to work with this LO)...

I gathered all the papers I wanted to use and was drawn to the turquoise and yellow combo (funny, because these are the colors in my craft room).


I knew I had to ground these too colors because my eyes were moving all over the page...  I wasn't quite sure what to look at.  I think the black washi draws your eyes to the photo.


And then, the upper corner looked a little lonely, so I gave it some love with a banner and a tag.


Thanks for stopping by.

Lisa



5 comments:

  1. Good on you...1 hour to organise your space is BEYOND impressive ......LOOOVE your take on our PP challenge....& you're right, the washi works a treat:):) Thanks for 'finding' us & playing along:):)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally FAB take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along at purple pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome page! Love what you did with "my" sketch! I think the black washi tape is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for playing along at Purple Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love waterfalls.........thanks for playing along at PP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally been there with the craft mess....lol..glad you got that sorted out!
    Love your take on the Purple Pumpkin sketch...the washi tape and the buttons help to create the visual triangle for the photo to pop. :)

    Thanks for joining us at Purple Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete